Saturday 10 January 2015

SHOOT 1: Moor shots story board, call sheet, planning, inspiration

Story board and call sheet-     Even though these are pretty vague all the shot types were the same through out filming all the different sections of moorland as they were all panning establishing shots of moorland.                             This planning along with my previous practice shots and inspirations from films such as Submarine and American Werewolf in London (which I will later go on to explain) meant that I was fully prepared for the real shoot as I knew exactly what I wanted. 
The sky taking up almost 5/6th of the frame

 I wanted the sky to take up the more than half of the frame so the titles could be clearly seen.

Shots feature moorland 
As the shots are establishing shots, which hint at the location of our film (Yorkshire moorland hinting at Yorkshire countryside town) the shots all need to be extreme long shots and they also all need to be the same type of shot so that they can all be smoothly edited together.
Inspiration from Submarine

All the shots are panning as we have taken inspiration from the film Submarine (you can see my analysis of the film earlier on in my blog). In Submarine's opening there are panning shots of the inside of the main protagonists bedroom setting up the location and character.

This was my inspiration for the moorland shots
Another film that influences our opening shots is American Werewolf in London. As this film is also set in the Yorkshire moorland they use extreme long shots of moorland which show exposition much like we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please note all comments are vetted.