Friday 26 December 2014

SHOOT 3- The bedroom shoot problems, organising, planning, how it went

The planning and organising of the shoot along with the problems I faced
Problems-
I had organised for Lucy Carter to play the lead role but due to family matters she was unable to come to the shoot. Therefore I recast the lead role to Hollie Morris and talked her through what I had previously spoken to Lucy about.

Rose's window
Organising-
I showed Hollie the short opening of Submarine (This is the video I showed Hollie) so she would know the kind on deadpan expression I needed from her and how I wanted her to sit underneath the window. I had arranged the shoot to be at  Rose McLaughlins house as her bedroom already contained many crucial items for the meis-en-scene like the typewriter, many potted plants, books on films (I brought more though), fairy lights and the central focus her long window, which was exactly the style we wanted as it looked old and had long heavy curtains. I brought along an old retro telephone, books on film and media, bedding, a few sets of clothes for Hollie, a vase, candles, a retro clock and 2 retro cameras (one polaroid). (Photo evidence can be seen below)

How the shoot went-
It took along time to set up as I had printed and cut out around 40 pictures of modern and olden art to create the feel that the person who's room it was was beyond their age.
the professional light we used
The shoot went very well as the rooms size and shape meant that it was easy to film it without much difficulty and without breaking the 180 degree rule.

Hollie was perfect for the role as she has a very unique look that fits with the part and took all direction.

Even though it was dark outside the lights in the room along used the fairy lights and a professional light (I borrowed from a friend) meant that it was still light enough to film whilst also adding to the retro and unusual feel. I got as many shots as possible at different angles and heights to get a real variety.
                                                    

Actor:
On the right is Hollie wearing her usual clothes and on the left is her wearing the clothes I brought for her. The just under the pearl necklace, smart oversized coat and red lipstick make her look as if she is older than her years and quirky. This has intertextuality to Mollie Ringwalds character in Pretty in Pink (I have discussed the costume in a previous post) as she also wears a pink oversized coat and a pearl necklace. The under the knee socks and scrunch makes her look unusual and retro.
This is Hollies make-up
Photo evidence of the props I used-
A butterfly photo brought
Books I brought

Books and polaroid camera I brought

Clock and books I brought

Fairy lights I put up
Paint pallet and paint brush I brought
Roses horses head I put up and the images I printed, cut out and stuck up




Retro telephone I brought



Retro vase and pant set I brought. Rose's type writer and lamp I put out

No comments:

Post a Comment

please note all comments are vetted.