Thursday 20 November 2014

VOICE OVER SHOOT 3: trying out accents

Exploring accents for the voice over

 I got together with Lucy Carter who tried out variety of accents whilst reciting the voice over from Submarine. These accents included Liverpudlian, Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Yorkshire. Within the films Submarine and Trainspotting strong regional accents are used to connote a social realist genre. In Trainspotting a Welsh accent is used as the film is mainly set in Edinburgh and in Submarine (a film I have previously analysed earlier in my blog) where the central female protagonist is from Swansea and therefore has a strong Welsh accent. 
You can hear strong regional accents in both and this is what I want to use in my film to help suggest the films social realist genre

No comments:

Post a Comment

please note all comments are vetted.